Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Reference vs. Inspiration

These facial sketches were referenced from this photo posted at Funny Cute.
Funny Cute posted: I'm curious about other artists that use photos for reference...what features on this girl would you have pushed further? I ignored her face and drew a somewhat generic one, *(I like the face she drew
... seems to have personality to me.)
She also said: and took more interest in her funny standing pose and hair shape.
*I believe I would have passed on the photo based on the pose. It seems kinda static to me, but she did a great job giving it some swing.

Anyway, the next day I was sketching while waiting in the car ... I drew the face on the left first and then inspired by the Funny Cute images gave her a turtleneck and then drew the other figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home